Don't lie about your keywords

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, so I've been known to use keywords that don't match the site I'm trying to get out there. For example, years ago when I had a blog, its subject was video games, yes lame I know. Anyways, I used the general keywords; video games, gaming, games, playstation, sony, microsoft, etc. That's just an idea of what I'd use.

When I figured the gaming niche wasn't as popular, I decided to try out using keywords for other things. So I would use keywords like "Obama" "Batman" "Sham Wow" "Pro Wrestling" etc.

This is a no-no and could in fact hurt your site. So, when you run a site, please research keywords that match it instead of actively trying to think of any word in the dictionary that can gain some traffic.
Okay, so I've been known to use keywords that don't match the site I'm trying to get out there. For example, years ago when I had a blog, its subject was video games, yes lame I know. Anyways, I used the general keywords; video games, gaming, games, playstation, sony, microsoft, etc. That's just an idea of what I'd use.

When I figured the gaming niche wasn't as popular, I decided to try out using keywords for other things. So I would use keywords like "Obama" "Batman" "Sham Wow" "Pro Wrestling" etc.

This is a no-no and could in fact hurt your site. So, when you run a site, please research keywords that match it instead of actively trying to think of any word in the dictionary that can gain some traffic.
The metatag Keyword is not used anymore but the Meta description is and the same goes for this. Match the description with the content. Google doesnt use the Keyword tag anymore because people abused it.
The metatag Keyword is not used anymore but the Meta description is and the same goes for this. Match the description with the content. Google doesnt use the Keyword tag anymore because people abused it.
Try writing a great article about quantum mechanics and then put Pamela Anderson in the description tag...
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!
Try writing a great article about quantum mechanics and then put Pamela Anderson in the description tag...
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!