Questions about a simple wordpress site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi guys. I am really interested in setting up a simple wordpress site, just to get used to things and learn how it all works. I used to run a blogspot blog a while ago and it was simple, and easy to set up. Is wordpress fairly simple to set up as well? I asking about the paid for version of wordpress.

Also, how much does it cost to have one wordpress site?
Hi guys. I am really interested in setting up a simple wordpress site, just to get used to things and learn how it all works. I used to run a blogspot blog a while ago and it was simple, and easy to set up. Is wordpress fairly simple to set up as well? I asking about the paid for version of wordpress.

(12-16-2013, 09:19 AM)Bremaine Wrote: Hi guys. I am really interested in setting up a simple wordpress site, just to get used to things and learn how it all works. I used to run a blogspot blog a while ago and it was simple, and easy to set up. Is wordpress fairly simple to set up as well? I asking about the paid for version of wordpress.

Hi Bremaine,

You can download WordPress here for free: http://wordpress.org/download/
(12-16-2013, 09:19 AM)Bremaine Wrote: Hi guys. I am really interested in setting up a simple wordpress site, just to get used to things and learn how it all works. I used to run a blogspot blog a while ago and it was simple, and easy to set up. Is wordpress fairly simple to set up as well? I asking about the paid for version of wordpress.

Hi Bremaine,

You can download WordPress here for free: http://wordpress.org/download/
WordPress is the most simple CMS you can get today. I don't know of any paid version.
WordPress is the most simple CMS you can get today. I don't know of any paid version.
If you go WordPress (or Joomla or Drupal etc...) you only pay for hosting.
If you go WordPress (or Joomla or Drupal etc...) you only pay for hosting.
I don't pay for Wordpress. Is it some kind of hosted installation?
I don't pay for Wordpress. Is it some kind of hosted installation?
Yeah it's all about getting the proper host for your wordpress page. I was confused in the past as well when I made my wordpress site, I thought there was some paid for version as well, but come to find out you just need a host and to pay for a domain name. Other than that, it'll be yours and in turn, you'll help wordpress out as well. Works out for everyone involved. Smile
Yeah it's all about getting the proper host for your wordpress page. I was confused in the past as well when I made my wordpress site, I thought there was some paid for version as well, but come to find out you just need a host and to pay for a domain name. Other than that, it'll be yours and in turn, you'll help wordpress out as well. Works out for everyone involved. Smile
That's the beauty about WP. It's Free!
That's the beauty about WP. It's Free!
It doesn't cost you anything if you use all the free stuff that they offer! Smile I used Magento that is also cms but it is (for me) a lot harder than WordPress so I would definitely recommend WP Smile
It doesn't cost you anything if you use all the free stuff that they offer! Smile I used Magento that is also cms but it is (for me) a lot harder than WordPress so I would definitely recommend WP Smile
WP is awesome, because it is as free as blogger in this regard. However, if you plan to put up ads and monetize your site, you will have to upgrade to the paid version.
WP is awesome, because it is as free as blogger in this regard. However, if you plan to put up ads and monetize your site, you will have to upgrade to the paid version.