What do I need to do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, so I am going to be setting up my first wordpress site very soon here, what is the first thing I need to do? Set up the layout? Create a blog post? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm new to this. I never used Wordpress and I haven't really done a whole lot on making sites and such. So please take it easy on me.
Okay, so I am going to be setting up my first wordpress site very soon here, what is the first thing I need to do? Set up the layout? Create a blog post? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm new to this. I never used Wordpress and I haven't really done a whole lot on making sites and such. So please take it easy on me.
After installing WordPress it would be fine to fine a theme some where on the net and install that. You can use the standard ones that comes with WP but they are not that exciting. You can find a lot for free.

Then you create a Post or some Pages with text and images, setup the menu and find a seo plugin and maybe a security plugin and a lot of other good stuff. (look in the plugin section of this forum).
After installing WordPress it would be fine to fine a theme some where on the net and install that. You can use the standard ones that comes with WP but they are not that exciting. You can find a lot for free.

Then you create a Post or some Pages with text and images, setup the menu and find a seo plugin and maybe a security plugin and a lot of other good stuff. (look in the plugin section of this forum).
Yeah it's pretty straight forward. Everything should come out pretty fast. Setting up the theme, layout and doing some posts is pretty simple. It's not that hard though, it is maybe a quick thirty minutes or so.
Yeah it's pretty straight forward. Everything should come out pretty fast. Setting up the theme, layout and doing some posts is pretty simple. It's not that hard though, it is maybe a quick thirty minutes or so.
David who runs this forum has some free manuals. Im sur they will help :-)

Download them here : http://www.totalwordpressoptimization.com/
David who runs this forum has some free manuals. Im sur they will help :-)

Download them here : http://www.totalwordpressoptimization.com/
Yeah I agree it's fairly simple and once you get the hand of it, everything will flow together very easily. I have had troubles in the past, but it's a pretty easy system to learn. You'll be putting up plugins and themes in no time. And Krantz is right, David has some awesome free content that'll help you learn faster. Wink
Yeah I agree it's fairly simple and once you get the hand of it, everything will flow together very easily. I have had troubles in the past, but it's a pretty easy system to learn. You'll be putting up plugins and themes in no time. And Krantz is right, David has some awesome free content that'll help you learn faster. Wink
I had problems about setting up in the beggining but now that I got a hold of it for a bit, it's not that hard.
For me-as a designer, the hardest part is picking a theme Big Grin
I always search for new ones (free for now) and when I start making money of it, I will sure buy some that i really like.
But I have to say, you should definitely find some security plug-ins
I had problems about setting up in the beggining but now that I got a hold of it for a bit, it's not that hard.
For me-as a designer, the hardest part is picking a theme Big Grin
I always search for new ones (free for now) and when I start making money of it, I will sure buy some that i really like.
But I have to say, you should definitely find some security plug-ins
John: The time used on themes is enormous compared to install and setup WordPress. When you include paid themes it gets even harder :-)
John: The time used on themes is enormous compared to install and setup WordPress. When you include paid themes it gets even harder :-)
Your theme and layout are definitely important. Also, make sure to pick a good theme to support ads, if you plan to monetize your blog.
Your theme and layout are definitely important. Also, make sure to pick a good theme to support ads, if you plan to monetize your blog.