Facebook at it again, purchases Oculus Rift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who have no idea what the Oculus Rift is, it's a virtual reality headset that created a wave on Kickstarter a year or two ago. Anyways, the device was funded through kickstarter, and come to find out, Facebook this week, purchased the company. Now Facebook has a virtual reality headset.

Do you think this was a good idea on Facebook? I don't get how it'll help social networking in anyway, but I guess we'll see.

Anyways, read more about it here: Time
For those who have no idea what the Oculus Rift is, it's a virtual reality headset that created a wave on Kickstarter a year or two ago. Anyways, the device was funded through kickstarter, and come to find out, Facebook this week, purchased the company. Now Facebook has a virtual reality headset.

Do you think this was a good idea on Facebook? I don't get how it'll help social networking in anyway, but I guess we'll see.

Anyways, read more about it here: Time
I don't think it will help any of us in terms of SEO/IM and making websites, but it's going to be cool to see what kind of fun things we can do with one. I'm pretty sure Facebook purchased the Oculus just to get into the gaming market in some way, and this is a big way for sure. It could be big for Facebook.

As for other means, I don't see it helping us in any way.
I don't think it will help any of us in terms of SEO/IM and making websites, but it's going to be cool to see what kind of fun things we can do with one. I'm pretty sure Facebook purchased the Oculus just to get into the gaming market in some way, and this is a big way for sure. It could be big for Facebook.

As for other means, I don't see it helping us in any way.
I like this to be honest. I actually got to play with one of them, the Oculus VRs are awesome. I played this game where I had to just walk around this world, and I fell off this cliff and it felt really weird. It's like it was vertigo or whatever you call it. I can't wait to see what it can be used for now. I hope they still stick to video games.
I like this to be honest. I actually got to play with one of them, the Oculus VRs are awesome. I played this game where I had to just walk around this world, and I fell off this cliff and it felt really weird. It's like it was vertigo or whatever you call it. I can't wait to see what it can be used for now. I hope they still stick to video games.
It's going to be interesting to see what they do. people are not liking this by the way. People who put money towards the Oculus Rift, are not happy about FB acquiring it. So I don't know if it'll end up being bad or not. I like the idea of it too, I can't see Facebook using it for Facebook. I suspect they're just trying to get into the gaming market somehow.
It's going to be interesting to see what they do. people are not liking this by the way. People who put money towards the Oculus Rift, are not happy about FB acquiring it. So I don't know if it'll end up being bad or not. I like the idea of it too, I can't see Facebook using it for Facebook. I suspect they're just trying to get into the gaming market somehow.