How to stop bots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On many sites/forums/blogs etc, there will be an occurrence of those pesky bots, usually spam bots. When it comes to spam bots, how do you stop them from even showing up? Of course there's captcha, and security questions for sign ups, but even those don't always stop them.

What do you do? Do you just ip ban the accounts?
On many sites/forums/blogs etc, there will be an occurrence of those pesky bots, usually spam bots. When it comes to spam bots, how do you stop them from even showing up? Of course there's captcha, and security questions for sign ups, but even those don't always stop them.

What do you do? Do you just ip ban the accounts?
I guess the only way is to use captcha and other such methods. I know you can also just ban them, but that's all I can see really being done these days.
I guess the only way is to use captcha and other such methods. I know you can also just ban them, but that's all I can see really being done these days.
Sounds like captcha and some coding can stop bots, but they always update to new algorithms so you really need to be on top of things.
Sounds like captcha and some coding can stop bots, but they always update to new algorithms so you really need to be on top of things.