Wordpress have security built in?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, so I was wondering if Wordpress has any measures in place to combat viruses and hackers? I know you could install plugins and essentially protect your site in that way, but I was wondering if Wordpress does that on its own somehow? And if not, shouldn't they add that as a feature instead of an app?

Please do correct me if I sound dumb on this. I'm just thinking out loud.
Okay, so I was wondering if Wordpress has any measures in place to combat viruses and hackers? I know you could install plugins and essentially protect your site in that way, but I was wondering if Wordpress does that on its own somehow? And if not, shouldn't they add that as a feature instead of an app?

Please do correct me if I sound dumb on this. I'm just thinking out loud.
It has some. I have used the standard WP security for years with out any problems. I have a lot of attempts to break in but nothing has happened yet. To me spam posting is a bigger problem.
It has some. I have used the standard WP security for years with out any problems. I have a lot of attempts to break in but nothing has happened yet. To me spam posting is a bigger problem.
That makes me feel a lot better. I was worried myself that wordpress wouldn't have any security. I am going to be starting my first wordpress site soon, and I'm happy to see there's some security added in.
That makes me feel a lot better. I was worried myself that wordpress wouldn't have any security. I am going to be starting my first wordpress site soon, and I'm happy to see there's some security added in.