PolyLang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I use PolyLang on this site: http://www.familyness.org/ and it works pretty good.

The plugin can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, widgets... Custom post types, custom taxonomies, sticky posts and post formats, RSS feeds and all default WordPress widgets are supported.

There is one thing though I still haven't figured out. When customers return from PayPal it would be nice to return to a thankyou page in the right language. At the moment every body returns to an english page. According to the author it should be possible and now there is a new version 1.4 out so I definately will give it a try.

Anyways I like the plugin. I think it is one of the best free plugs out there and it is very easy to use. It is a great alternative to the dying Qtranslate. Well actually - 4 days ago a new version of Qtranslate was released...

It is hard to find translation plugins that works and I have testet all the free plugins I could find and PolyLang is the one I ended up using.
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
I use PolyLang on this site: http://www.familyness.org/ and it works pretty good.

The plugin can translate posts, pages, media, categories, post tags, menus, widgets... Custom post types, custom taxonomies, sticky posts and post formats, RSS feeds and all default WordPress widgets are supported.

There is one thing though I still haven't figured out. When customers return from PayPal it would be nice to return to a thankyou page in the right language. At the moment every body returns to an english page. According to the author it should be possible and now there is a new version 1.4 out so I definately will give it a try.

Anyways I like the plugin. I think it is one of the best free plugs out there and it is very easy to use. It is a great alternative to the dying Qtranslate. Well actually - 4 days ago a new version of Qtranslate was released...

It is hard to find translation plugins that works and I have testet all the free plugins I could find and PolyLang is the one I ended up using.
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
Thumbs up for PolyLang!!

I also use it a lot except for corporate installations. There I prefer WPML.
Thumbs up for PolyLang!!

I also use it a lot except for corporate installations. There I prefer WPML.