Too much authority bad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is too much authority bad for some sites? I want to run my own forum soon and I am thinking about letting it be a free for all forum where we can speak our minds and just go crazy. I know that's not always good, but there will be some rules, anything truly offensive, disturbing, will not be allowed. But I will allow swearing, arguments (debate really) and maybe some more. Nothing too bad really.

Is this a good idea? I was once a member of a community that went this route and they did pretty good.
Is too much authority bad for some sites? I want to run my own forum soon and I am thinking about letting it be a free for all forum where we can speak our minds and just go crazy. I know that's not always good, but there will be some rules, anything truly offensive, disturbing, will not be allowed. But I will allow swearing, arguments (debate really) and maybe some more. Nothing too bad really.

Is this a good idea? I was once a member of a community that went this route and they did pretty good.
Authority is by Google primarily measured by backlinks and traffic. If your backlinks anchor texts are diverse you cant get enough of both :-)
Authority is by Google primarily measured by backlinks and traffic. If your backlinks anchor texts are diverse you cant get enough of both :-)
The better your backlinks are and the amount of traffic you have, counts for ones overall authority. If it increases, your sites popularity increases as well.
The better your backlinks are and the amount of traffic you have, counts for ones overall authority. If it increases, your sites popularity increases as well.