HostGator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is an article Yoast has written about HostGator. It is absolutely worth reading:

http://yoast.com/avoid-hostgator/#comments
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
Here is an article Yoast has written about HostGator. It is absolutely worth reading:

"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
(12-30-2013, 11:47 AM)admin Wrote: Here is an article Yoast has written about HostGator. It is absolutely worth reading:

I totally agree with this article. Ever since the host was sold. Its absolutely shocking.
(12-30-2013, 11:47 AM)admin Wrote: Here is an article Yoast has written about HostGator. It is absolutely worth reading:

I totally agree with this article. Ever since the host was sold. Its absolutely shocking.
I think hostgator is not bad nor good. I like there hosting cPanel, which isn't bad. I also like there support.
I think hostgator is not bad nor good. I like there hosting cPanel, which isn't bad. I also like there support.
This is an older article and I have to say I disagree with it. I've had HostGator for 2 years and I have both plugins on my WordPress sites and I haven't had any problems. I use Yoast and WordFence on all my sites and HostGator has never disabled one of my sites.
This is an older article and I have to say I disagree with it. I've had HostGator for 2 years and I have both plugins on my WordPress sites and I haven't had any problems. I use Yoast and WordFence on all my sites and HostGator has never disabled one of my sites.
I stopped using Wordfence as it loaded admin-ajax.php even thought it was loaded and it toook 3-5 seconds to load. So I went with Sucuri in stead.
I stopped using Wordfence as it loaded admin-ajax.php even thought it was loaded and it toook 3-5 seconds to load. So I went with Sucuri in stead.
After I got this one on my own site I stopped using WordFence. I entered my mail nut nothing ever arrived so I had no choice but to ftp and delete the plugin. And it was NEVER reinstalled.

Attached Files Image(s)

After I got this one on my own site I stopped using WordFence. I entered my mail nut nothing ever arrived so I had no choice but to ftp and delete the plugin. And it was NEVER reinstalled.

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the things that will trigger errors and cause problems for the host is if you have Live Traffic View enabled. It even says in the Wordfence instructions:

On most servers that have sufficient resources, Live Traffic in Wordfence works flawlessly. In fact, we enable Live Traffic on our own production servers which receive a significant amount of web traffic. However, if you are using a low cost hosting plan that severely limits the resources you have available, you may consider disabling live traffic to reduce the load on your web server.

See when I set Wordfence up I didn't enable Live Traffic View. Like I said I've been using the free version of it for almost 2 years and never had any problems.
One of the things that will trigger errors and cause problems for the host is if you have Live Traffic View enabled. It even says in the Wordfence instructions:

On most servers that have sufficient resources, Live Traffic in Wordfence works flawlessly. In fact, we enable Live Traffic on our own production servers which receive a significant amount of web traffic. However, if you are using a low cost hosting plan that severely limits the resources you have available, you may consider disabling live traffic to reduce the load on your web server.

See when I set Wordfence up I didn't enable Live Traffic View. Like I said I've been using the free version of it for almost 2 years and never had any problems.
TonyF: Thanks for the tip. Ill look into this asap :-)
TonyF: Thanks for the tip. Ill look into this asap :-)
HostGator has awesome prices and options for hosting. They even went as lot as 1$ for a domain name. Not sure if I`m wrong or not.
HostGator has awesome prices and options for hosting. They even went as lot as 1$ for a domain name. Not sure if I`m wrong or not.