Setting up WordPress

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Go to Settings and select Permalinks in the Admin page (the first page you see when you log in). WordPress defaults to "Default" - select "Post name" - much better for seo as you can use your keywords in the Post name.

Go to Settings and select Discussion (still from the Admin page) and check if you want comments or not and select the criterias fr posting.

Then install Akismet or NoSpanMX to prevent spamming of your blog.
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
Go to Settings and select Permalinks in the Admin page (the first page you see when you log in). WordPress defaults to "Default" - select "Post name" - much better for seo as you can use your keywords in the Post name.

Go to Settings and select Discussion (still from the Admin page) and check if you want comments or not and select the criterias fr posting.

"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
Yaeh - setting the perma links are important. It can create problems if you change them after creating posts and pages.
Yaeh - setting the perma links are important. It can create problems if you change them after creating posts and pages.
(12-09-2013, 08:52 AM)admin Wrote: Go to Settings and select Permalinks in the Admin page (the first page you see when you log in). WordPress defaults to "Default" - select "Post name" - much better for seo as you can use your keywords in the Post name.

Akisment is the most important plugin on a blog as it stops constant spam.
(12-09-2013, 08:52 AM)admin Wrote: Go to Settings and select Permalinks in the Admin page (the first page you see when you log in). WordPress defaults to "Default" - select "Post name" - much better for seo as you can use your keywords in the Post name.

Akisment is the most important plugin on a blog as it stops constant spam.
Akismet is always my first plugin to install. Actually it comes with WordPress and just need to be activated. Just need a Personal API key which is free.
Akismet is always my first plugin to install. Actually it comes with WordPress and just need to be activated. Just need a Personal API key which is free.